Saturday, October 5, 2013

Never in a Million Years


Lately I have been thinking a lot about my life, especially how much it has changed. You don't realize how much one action can impact your life forever. When we decided to have a baby babies, we knew our life was going to change forever. Becoming a mother is a BIG deal. Yes, everyone knows that! But never in a million years did I think it was going to change so many aspects of my life: socially, professionally and emotionally. The thing is we had no idea we were going to be having TWO little ones. While becoming a mother changes you no matter how many babies you have, in my case, it really did matter.

I know for a fact, that had we had a singleton, I would still be a working mother. Not a doubt in my mind about that. We decided that the amount of money we would spend in a daycare, while still bringing home some extra money, was not worth it. It was such a tough decision, but I'm so glad I did it. I truly love being a SAHM. You can't put a price on raising your children. I thank God every single day for allowing this to happen and being financially stable to do so. I had planned to stay home for one year with them, and well, I'm on year two =) Can I please do this for the rest of my life?


Why wouldn't I want to stay home with these silly, free spirited girls?  Messy house, happy children =)



Unless you've had multiples, you can't fathom how hard it is to take care of them while newborn. Having them brought me closer to my husband. I fell in love in a completely new way. I never realized how much I would need him to be involved with them. I swear he did everything a mother does, expect produce milk lol. We got up together for EVERY single feeding and basically did everything together. He had one baby and I had the other. We tried to remember who we had each time, so we could switch and have bonding time with both of them.  He was able to take 6 weeks off from work, which was perfect because that's when they started sleeping through the night. We did have some rough days and we were deprived from sleep. It's amazing how the human body can still function (somewhat) with little to no sleep. I'm so grateful they started sleeping through the night so early on. I think we would have gone insane, not to mention I had to go back to work when they were only 8 weeks old.


 

Had I not had twins, I would have never met some amazing MoMs that I'm proud to call my close friends. Seriously, it has been an amazing journey meeting and getting to know these ladies. They keep me sane and completely support me and make me feel normal. They can relate to everything that I'm going through, because they, too, have gone through it. I'm part of my local MoMs group (TBAMoMs) and I absolutely love it. I go on tons of play dates (which I coordinate for the group), meetings, and MoMs night outs. Hey, we all need a drink every once in a while.


 

I'm also part of a FB group for MoMs all over the world. We're a tight group where you can vent about anything without any judgment. I've meet some awesome MaMas from all over the world. It's a safe place to say how you're feeling and what you're going through when you don't want to talk to any IRL friends.

Never in a million years did I think I would be a mother of twins. Watching my girls grow with each other is such a blessing. There are so many things that they wouldn't be doing/saying if they didn't have one another. They love and fight and go through so many emotions together, but at the end of the day, they can't stand being away from each other ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment